The Parochial Church Councils of Heavitree with St Paul and St Mary Steps fully recognize and accept the House of Bishops’ Safeguarding Policy Statement “Promoting a Safer Church 2017”, and commits to complying with the current Church of England and Diocesan safeguarding policies and practice guidance. In so doing we will comply with the secular multi-agency safeguarding procedures relating to children and young people and adults experiencing or at risk of harm, abuse or neglect.
We are committed to:
- Promoting a Safer environment and culture within our Parish and in our Parish activities.
- Safely recruiting and supporting all those with any responsibilities related to children, young people and vulnerable adults within the Church.
- Responding promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation.
- Caring pastorally for victims/survivors of abuse and other affected persons.
- Caring pastorally for those who are the subject of concerns or allegations of abuse and other affected persons.
- Responding to those that may pose a present risk to others.
Our parish safeguarding representative is Amber Griffiths who can be contacted on 07759 982362
The Exeter Diocesan Safeguarding Team can be contacted on 01392 294929